Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Israeli elections - How I did

My March 26 predictions versus the actual totals [as of Wed. morning]

KADIMA 27 (28)
LABOR 23 (20)
LIKUD 15 (11)
NU/NRP 14 (8)
YISRAEL BEITEINU 11 (12)
SHAS 13 (13)
ARAB PARTIES 8 (10)
UTJ 5 (6)
MERETZ 4 (4)
PENSIONERS 0 (7)

So my hunch that Kadima would not break 30 mandates was (sadly) correct.

I was close on Labor.

Way off on Likud and NU/NRP. I guess lots of right-wingers sulked at home or wasted their votes on the ultra-Right.

But I was spot on regarding Meretz and Shas.

I had no inkling that the Pensioners Party would even cross the threshold.

Each day is a new reminder that the masses are -- indeed --- asses.

Pass me the humble pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am open to running your criticism if it is not ad hominem. I prefer praise, though.