Sunday, August 05, 2018

False Choices


   If the yardstick for being “right-wing” these days requires me to


 1.       Accept/excuse/rationalize Donald Trump's deportment 

  2.       Rub my enemy’s nose in the ground (and betray friends) just because I can

  3.       Accept Netanyahu’s inept leadership because he is an eloquent dissembler  

  4.       Stand alongside chauvinists, populists, demagogues, and the intolerant 


Then  -- count me out.  

Because

  No amount of moral bankruptcy, anti-Israelism, and hypocrisy on the lib-left justifies

  blind adherence to Trump or obsequious acceptance of Netanyahu's leadership

 
When presented with a false binary choice – try a third way


You are all individuals


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am open to running your criticism if it is not ad hominem. I prefer praise, though.