Sunday, April 19, 2020

A long, long time ago, in the era before COVID-19...




A long, long time ago, in the era before COVID-19, I was asked by Israel My Glory, a Christian magazine to write an essay anticipating the dangers Israel might face on the domestic and international fronts in 2020.

The article was finished in October 2019 but because of repeat Israeli elections, my deadline was extended to Christmas 2019.

And because of the magazine’s bimonthly print schedule, the article has appeared only now.

So, if for the sake of variety, you want to read a piece that makes no mention of Corona – follow the link below.

·       I argue that the most significant foreign policy danger Israel faces is the Trump administration’s withdrawal from the world stage.

·       And that the most significant domestic threat is our loss of a shared Jewish/Zionist ethos.

If nothing else, the US president’s go-it-alone approach to the global pandemic and the way some ultra-Orthodox Jewish “tribes” have flouted physical and social distancing requirements bolster my thesis.

Wishing you safety and good health,

Elliot






No comments:

Post a Comment

I am open to running your criticism if it is not ad hominem. I prefer praise, though.